Chapter 2: Social Consumers
When you finish reading this chapter, you will be able to answer these questions:
- Why do social media marketers need to understand the behavior of consumer segments? What are the bases of segmentation used to group consumers?
- What are the elements of social identity? How do individuals build their social identities? How are these identities relevant to marketers?
- What behaviors are exhibited by people using social media? To what extent are people participating in the four zones of social media?
- How can we explain the motives for participation in social media activities? What attitudes are most relevant for our understanding of social consumer behavior?
- What are the most important segments of social media consumers? What do they tell us about targeting users of the social web?