Welcome to the website supporting Sandra Hargreaves and Jamie Crabb's Study Skills for Students with Dyslexia.
Practical and interactive, this book motivates, inspires and guides you through all your studies.
Packed full of advice on topics including note taking, essay writing, reading strategies and exam techniques, Study Skills for Students with Dyslexia is an essential read for students with dyslexia and other Specific Learning Differences (SpLDs) in further and higher education.
The guidance and tools provided help you organise and plan your work, improve your skills and boost your confidence, so you succeed throughout your studies. The new edition contains:
- A new chapter on critical thinking, giving you confidence in analysing information and expressing an argument
- A new chapter on how to make the most of lectures, to ensure you’re maximising your learning opportunities
- The latest IT and software references, including links to online assistive technologies
- A toolkit of downloadable resources to help you plan and study with ease, including templates, planners, tasks and activities, and toolsheets.
To better support your learning click on the link to the left to obtain access to:
- a fully editable Word version of the whole book which will allow you to change background colour, font colour, font size, and typeface of the book to suit your individual learning needs.
- a zip file of downloadable documents which have been highlighted throughout your textbook with this icon:
How to get access
To download your fully editable word version of the book along with the other downloadable documents highlighted in the text you will need the access code provided in the front of your book. Simply click on the link to the left called digital download. You will then be prompted to either register as a new SAGE user and redeem your access code or log into your existing account and redeem your code.
How to customise your book
It is recognized that some students with dyslexia and other SpLDs often find it hard to read black text on a white background. You can change the background colour of the digital download of this book if it doesn't suit you, by using screen tinting software. You can simply search for 'Reading' and 'Screen Tinting' to find out how to do this or visit https://www.dnamatters.co.uk/resources
This website may contain links to both internal and external websites. All links included were active at the time the website was launched. SAGE does not operate these external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. SAGE cannot take responsibility for the changing content or nature of linked sites, as these sites are outside of our control and subject to change without our knowledge. If you do find an inactive link to an external website, please try to locate that website by using a search engine. SAGE will endeavour to update inactive or broken links when possible.