Welcome to the Companion Website
Welcome to the companion website for Teaching Literacy to Learners with Dyslexia, Second Edition, by Kathleen Kelly and Sylvia Phillips. The resources on the site have been specifically designed to support your study.
- Lesson Plans
- Tables and Figures
- Conquering Literacy Placement Test
- Part III Appendix B
About the book:
The second edition of this bestselling book provides a structured multi-sensory programme for teaching literacy to children and young people from 5-18 with dyslexia and other specific literacy difficulties.
Supported by these online resources and updated throughout, the new edition now includes a brand new section on Implementing the Accelerated Programme for learners who have already acquired some literacy skills. This includes:
- A placement test to indicate whether the programme is appropriate
- A diagnostic assessment procedure to determine where the learner should begin on the Accelerated Programme
- Examples of lesson plans, reading cards and spelling cards to help teachers prepare resources for their students.
With tried and tested strategies and activities this book continues to provide everything you need to help improve and develop the literacy skills of learners in your setting including;
- the rationale for a structured multi-sensory approach
- the development of phonological, reading, writing and spelling skills
- working with learners who have English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- lesson structure and lesson-planning
- alphabet and dictionary skills
- memory work and study skills
- teaching the programme to groups
- ideas for working with young children.
Access resources that are only available to Faculty and Administrative Staff.
Want to explore the book further?