Case Study 33.2
- The NMC requires all nurses to care for their patients, carers and families. Duty of care therefore is to ensure that Stephen receives good care but also that Pauline is informed of her health risk.
- As a student it is best to seek advice about your concerns
- Speak with the nurse in charge
- Check with Pauline that she is aware of the mole
- Contact a dermatology nurse specialist
- Ensure that once engaged in discussion suitable information and access to further support is available