Chapter 1: The Changing World of Healthcare
1. Between 2016 and 2046 the number of people agreed over 65 will increase from 18% to ______.
2. By 2031 what percentage of the population in London will belong to an ethnic group?
3. The most significant avoidable risk(s) that we need to tackle are ______.
- smoking and alcohol use
- obesity and smoking
- obesity, smoking and alcohol use
4. The percentage of people admitted to acute hospital who are over 65 years of age is ______.
5. The percentage of people aged over 75 years of age with a long term condition is ______.
- greater than 50%
- approximately 40%
- approximately 30%
- less than 30%
6. The number of people with a Long Term Condition who also have a mental health problem is around ______.
- a quarter
- a third
- a half
- three quarters
7. The benefits of advanced clinical practitioner roles for nurses are ______.
- new career opportunities
- improved staff satisfaction
- improved learning and development for other staff
- all of these
8. Advanced nurse practitioners in Scotland have advanced-level capability across several pillars of practice which are ______.
- clinical practice, facilitation of learning, leadership, evidence, research and development
- clinical practice and leadership
- facilitation of learning and leadership
- evidence, research and development
9. Nurses will need to take a greater role in preventative healthcare, educating the public to take greater responsibility for their health. This will involve ______.
- working in partnership with patients
- making best use of emerging technology
- implementing new care models
- all of these
10. What proportion of the world’s population still lack access to essential health services?