Chapter 10: Preparing Adults for Surgery, Peri- and Post-operative Surgical Care
1. How long should the patient be fasted for solid foods before surgery?
2. What are the categories in the triad of anaesthesia?
- hypnotics, analgesia, muscle relaxants
- analgesia, anti-emetics, antibiotics
- hypnotics, local anaesthetics, antibiotics
- anti-emetics, muscle relaxants, analgesia
3. What should be the temperature in theatres?
4. What is the first priority of care in PACU when the patient arrives?
- establishing patient identification
- assessing patient’s temperature
- giving supplemental oxygen
- assessing patency of airway
5. The most common cause of airway obstruction in PACU is the patient’s tongue. Which of the following noises would indicate this?