Chapter 26: Care of the Adult with a Vascular Condition
1. Aneurysm is caused by ______.
- weakening of the artery walls
- bulging of the weakened artery walls
- thinning and progressive fragility of the artery walls
- all of these
2. An aneurysm is defined by enlargement of an artery by ______.
- 30% or more
- 40 % or more
- 50% or more
- 60% or more
3. An aneurysm requires surgical repair if it exceeds ______.
- 4.5 cm in size
- 5.5 cm in size
- 6.5 cm in size
- 7.5 cm in size
4. Peripheral arterial disease is a common condition that is likely to affect what percentage of over-60s?
5. PAD can be classified by the Fontaine system, which consists of how many levels?
6. A nursing assessment of blood supply to the lower limbs can be performed by palpating for pulses in the feet. A pulse that can be palpated in the feet is ______.
- dorsalis pedis
Answer: A & B
7. ABPI stands for ______.
- Aorta Brachial Pressure Index
- Ankle Brachial Pressure Index
- Abdominal Brachial Pressure Index
- Angina Brachial Pressure Index
8. Following an ABPI measurement, what score indicates severe PAD?
- less than 0.5
9. CLI stands for ______.
- cardiac limb ischaemia
- critical limb ischaemia
- cardiac limb indicator
- critical limb indicator
10. What is the ratio of people likely to sustain a deep venous thrombosis?