Chapter 27: Care of the Adult with a Neurological Condition
1. What is the central nervous system?
- processing centre for the spinal cord
- processing centre for the brain stem
- processing centre for the nervous system
2. Where does the CNS send information from?
- the peripheral nervous system
- the brain stem
- the spinal cord
3. How many main compartments are there to the brain?
4. The autonomic nervous system is responsible for regulating what?
- the muscles
- the spinal cord and central nervous system
- blood flow, heartbeat, digestion and breathing
5. What do the meninges contain?
- cerebrospinal fluid
6. What is the function of cerebrospinal fluid?
- endocrine medium for the brain
- all of these
7. Which of the following is NOT a structure of the brain?
8. What is the Circle of Willis?
- a circle of neurons in the brain
- a series of veins in the brain
- a series of arteries in the brain
9. How many neurons are there in the brain?
- 100 billion
- 100 million
- 100 thousand
10. What is a neurotransmitter?
- a chemical that is released from the brain stem
- a chemical which is made in the cerebrospinal fluid
- a chemical which is released from a nerve cell