Chapter 33: Care of the Adult with a Dermatological Condition
1. The epidermis has 4 main stratum layers. Starting from the inner most layer these are ______.
- corneum, granulosum, spinosum, basale
- granulosum, basale, spinosum, corneum
- basale, spinosum, granulosum, corneum
- spinosum, basale, corneum, granulosum
2. The structure that produces the oily substance which maintains the health of the skin is called ______.
- sweat gland
- subcutaneous tissue
- Pacinian corpuscle
- sebaceous gland
3. Dermatitis is caused by ______.
- poor hygiene
- the aging process of the skin
- exogenous and endogenous factors
- hyper proliferation of skin cells
4. Topical treatments are the main intervention for skin conditions. One aspect that often effects patients the most is ______.
- the availability of the treatments
- the time needed each day to apply correctly
- the cost of the treatments
- understanding the actions of the treatments
5. When planning care, a priority issue is ______.
- quality of life
- availability of resources
- the patient’s ability to read instructions
- keeping out of sunlight