What’s the evidence 8.1
Read the article in chapter 8 and reflect on your experiences of where you have been involved in receiving feedback from a patient on the care that they received.
What action is taken if the feedback indicates dissatisfaction?
A proposed response to these questions might include:
- Issues are followed up at ward meetings to allow staff to resolve the issue together
- Empower staff to lead their own ideas to improve care
- Support from management to effect change
- Listen to patients
- Initiatives to improve care
- Informal process can allow patients to talk about their experiences
- Disseminate dissatisfaction to all staff and involve them in the improvement of care