26 Having eczema
‘Hi, I’m Taaibah, I’m 9 years old and I have eczema, here is something I wrote about it’
There are many bad things about eczema:
- One bad thing is that sometimes it is hard to go to sleep because I get very itchy.
- Also sometimes when I have a bath my body stings ALOT.
- Often I can’t wear certain clothes because it either makes me be itchy or hot, for example silk dresses in summer because it is very tacky and can get caught to dry skin.
- Another reason why I do not like having eczema is because I am restricted with food especially at people’s houses because they feel scared to take the risk of giving it to me.
- And on nights that I am very itchy I am restricted with going out or going to sleepovers.
Although eczema can be quite annoying there are some good sides to it for example:
- When I have appointments I get to miss school.
- I get more presents and larger portions of food because everyone else can have the other options even though I tend to eat less.
- I get special treatment as people sympathise with my position.
- I get to decide where I want to go in the holidays.
- Overall eczema isn’t half bad if you follow your nurses’ advice and take your medicines and follow an appropriate diet.