Welcome to the Companion website
Welcome to the companion website for Business Statistics Using EXCEL and SPSS, first edition, by Nick Lee and Mike Peters. The resources on the site have been specifically designed to support your study and teaching.
- Exercise answers
- Exercise answers
- Figures and tables
About the book:
Entertaining and educational, this is a genuinely accessible introductory statistics book for first year business students trying to grasp the essential concepts and techniques of quantitative analysis, using IBM SPSS and Microsoft Excel software. It does not assume any background knowledge of mathematics or statistics, and presents the fundamentals of data analysis in an engaging and readable way.
The authors show both how and why quantitative analysis is useful in the context of business and management studies and instill a fundamental sense of fun and enthusiasm for numbers by providing readers with an array of interesting and interactive examples and exercises.
Key features include:
- A fully up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of IBM SPSS and Microsoft Excel software, with tailored examples to illustrate how the programmes can be used
- A range of ‘real world’ and fictional examples to help bring the study of stats alive and ground it in application to typical business situations
- ‘Think it Over’ boxes to help translate the concepts learnt about into practical knowledge
- Different boxes for readers at varying levels of study and understanding, such as the ‘Back to Basics’, ‘Above and Beyond’ and ‘Attention to Detail’ boxes
- End of chapter questions to help translate theory into application
- A range of online resources including a set of data files and templates for the reader following in-text examples, downloadable worksheets and instructor materials, answers to in-text exercises and video content.
This website may contain links to both internal and external websites. All links included were active at the time the website was launched. SAGE does not operate these external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. SAGE cannot take responsibility for the changing content or nature of linked sites, as these sites are outside of our control and subject to change without our knowledge. If you do find an inactive link to an external website, please try to locate that website by using a search engine. SAGE will endeavour to update inactive or broken links when possible.
Access resources that are only available to Faculty and Administrative Staff.
Want to explore the book further?