On this website you will find:
- A series of step-by-step video tutorials, in which John MacInnes shows you exactly how to use the IBM SPSS software to prepare and analyse secondary data. These videos correspond to the data analysis techniques covered in the book, so it’s really helpful to use the book and website together.
- A Microsoft Excel file containing the ‘confidence interval calculator’, a tool you can use with SPSS to find the margin of error of sample data.
- SPSS syntax files, which will enable you to perform the analytical techniques covered in the book and help you to answer the exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Further tutorial videos guiding you through the answers to the in-text exercises.
- Weblinks to all sorts of other useful SPSS learning resources, such as videos on all the main commands available in SPSS, and guides to a range of useful data sources from national data archives and international organisations such as the UN, the World Bank, the OECD, Eurostat and many others.
Each chapter is supported by a combination of these resources, just click on the links to the left.