About the Book
The third edition of Haslam and McGarty's best-selling textbook, Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology, provides students with a highly readable and comprehensive introduction to conducting research in psychology. The book guides readers through the range of choices involved in design, analysis, and presentation and is supplemented by a range of practical learning features both inside the book and online. These draw on the authors' extensive experience as frontline researchers and provide step-by-step guides to quantitative and qualitative methods and analyses. Written in an accessible and engaging style, this text encourages deep engagement with its subject matter and is designed to inspire students to feel passionate for the research process as a whole.
This third edition offers:
- Updated ‘Research Bites’ in every chapter: a space to step back from the text and reflect on the ways in which it relates both to issues in the world at large and to contemporary debates in psychology
- Updated coverage of experimental design, survey research and ethics
- More expansive coverage of qualitative methods
- A comprehensive guide to the process of conducting psychological research from the ground up — covering multiple methodologies, experimental and survey design, data analysis, ethics, and report writing
- An extensive range of quantitative methods together with detailed step-by-step guides to running analyses using SPSS