1. Discuss possible changes that might be made to the definition for the term drug provided in the text that would be specific enough to exclude things like vitamins or food, yet still allow for the inclusion of some substances that might not readily conform to our conception of what it means to be a drug.
2. Discuss some of the challenges that would exist if doctors prescribed doses of medications in the way that dose is defined in the text.
3. Discuss ways in which a drug like amphetamine, cocaine, or ketamine might be used both instrumentally and recreationally.
4. Discuss why it might be important to use blinded procedures when conducting psychopharmacological research.
5. Discuss the risks and benefits associated with using animal models in psychopharmacological research.