Click here to find your FREE copy of the open access book Rich Search and Discovery for Research Datasets.
This ground-breaking book explores how automating the search for and discovery of datasets can help tackle irreproducibility in social science.
It demonstrates how machine learning and natural language processing methods can be combined to create a new generation of automated tools for identifying datasets used in social research. The book also:
- shows how artificial intelligence can extract metadata from research data
- tackles issues like sharing confidential data and lacking social scientific infrastructure
- provides innovative ideas for using technology in research to implement positive change.
With contributions from across the globe, this insightful and topical book showcases how technology can advance social research and help us address key issues facing society today.
Licensing and reuse
Rich Search and Discovery for Research Datasets is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial Share Alike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
You are free to share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and adapt, remix, transform and build upon the material, provided that you:
- give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use
- do not use the material for commercial purposes
- distribute your contributions under the same license as the original if you remix, transform, or build upon the material.
The full license can be found here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode.
For further information about reuse, please contact email@example.com.
This website may contain links to both internal and external websites. All links included were active at the time the website was launched. SAGE does not operate these external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. SAGE cannot take responsibility for the changing content or nature of linked sites, as these sites are outside of our control and subject to change without our knowledge. If you do find an inactive link to an external website, please try to locate that website by using a search engine. SAGE will endeavour to update inactive or broken links when possible.