Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Americans for the Arts—www.artsusa.org. This organization calls itself “the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America.”
- Art in the Public Interest—www.apionline.org. This site provides news and information about community-based art.
- Center for the Study of Art and Community—www.artandcommunity.com. This center is “an association of creative leaders from business, government and the arts who have succeeded in building bridges between the arts and a wide range of community, public and private sector interests.” This center provides “expert guidance for developing artistic, educational, funding, community development and political collaborations.”
- Creative Class—http://www.creativeclass.com. Richard Florida’s website, which provides some interesting background information on his theories and research.
- Institute for Community Development and the Arts—http://www.americansforthearts.org/by-topic/culture-and-communities. This site provides research-based information on the role of the arts in community development.
- The Project for Public Spaces (PPS)—www.pps.org. This organization aims to create and sustain public spaces to build communities. PPS provides technical assistance, training, research, and other services to community clients.