Test you understanding of key chapter concepts by working through the quiz below. To check your answer click on the orange arrow to the right.
1.Glaser and Strauss’s seminal work on grounded theory is contained in:
- The discovery of grounded theory
- Constructing grounded theory
- Basics of qualitative research
The correct answer is: The discovery of grounded theory
2. The author best known for work in the area of constructivist grounded theory is:
- Juliet Corbin
- Adele Clarke
- Kathy Charmaz
The correct answer is: Kathy Charmaz
3. Glaser and Strauss developed grounded theory methods during which philosophical moment?
- ‘Golden age’
- ‘Crisis of representation’
The correct answer is: ‘Golden age’
4. A methodology is:
- An overarching view of the world
- A set of procedures generating data
- A set of principles and ideas that inform the design of a study
The correct answer is: A set of principles and ideas that inform the design of a study
5. Which of the following is not an essential grounded theory method?
- Constant comparative analysis
- Theoretical sampling
The correct answer is: Bracketing