- Know the three categories of crimes of official misconduct and the reason why it is important to punish the corrupt conduct of public officials.
- Understand the elements of the crime of bribing a public official.
- Appreciate the requirements for proving extortion and the differences between bribery and extortion.
- Understand the elements of perjury and some of the rules of evidence involved in proving perjury.
- Know acts constituting obstruction of justice.
- Understand the circumstances in which an individual is entitled to resist an arrest.
- Appreciate the elements of compounding a crime, and why this is a criminal offense.
- Understand the intent and act requirements of the crime of escape.
- Know the difference between civil and criminal contempt, between direct and indirect criminal contempt, and between judicial and legislative contempt. Understand the intent and act requirements for criminal contempt.