- Understand the law of treason and evidentiary requirements to prove treason.
- Know the act and intent requirements for sedition and for seditious conspiracy.
- Understand the intent and act standards required to prove sabotage.
- Know the elements of the crime of espionage
- Understand the difference between domestic and international terrorism, and terrorism transcending international borders.
- Know the types of acts that are punished criminally under federal terrorism statutes.
- Understand combat immunity and its importance for the war on terror.
- Know the purpose of immigration law and the types of violations of immigration law that are punished criminally.
- Understand the development and functioning of international criminal law.