These weblinks direct you to relevant resources to deepen your understanding of chapter topics with visual examples. To view the materials click on the following link. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4c4NEOSRE&list=PLjolwWgdkTfXGgs-FtKaC7pxKlmS3ZQoH and then:
1. Reflect upon occasions when you have observed children displaying ‘good’ self-efficacy.
2. Consider the nature of those learning experiences, including their play experiences that might have led to these children being able to display ‘good’ self-efficacy.
3. Consider how different types of play opportunities in the early years can affect children’s self-efficacy as they grow older.
- Watch the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01BnvOrEDPM and then consider the following:
1. How might the working patterns of parents affect the learning of young children?
2. How can Bronfenbrenner’s theory help us understand the nature of the learning experienced by young children growing up with different special educational needs and/or disabilities?