Relevant Films and Sources
Relevant Films: Disability
- Fifty First Dates
- The Other Sister
- Rain Man
- A Beautiful Mind
- The Theory of Everything
- Dunn, D. S., & Burcaw, S. (2013). Disability identity: Exploring narrative accounts of disability. Rehabilitation Psychology, 58(2), 148–157.
- Olkin, R. (2012). What psychotherapists should know about disability. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Riddell, S., & Watson, N. (Eds.). (2014). Disability, culture and identity. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Smart, J. F., & Smart, D. W. (2006). Models of disability: Implications for the counseling profession. Journal of Counseling & Development, 84(1), 29–40.
- Thomas, V., & Ray, K. (2006). Counseling exceptional individuals and their families: A systems perspective. Professional School Counseling, 10(1), 58–65.