Your Turn Answers
Answer these questions
- What is data? Evidence systematically collected to answer a research question
- What is a population? The complete set of people that our hypothesis will apply to
- What is a sample? A small set of participants drawn from the population, usually at random
- What is variability? Differences between people and situations.
Fill in the gaps
- Descriptive statistics are used to describe patterns in data sets.
- We can calculate uncertainty using inferential statistics.