SAGE Journal Articles
Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter. Journal articles can act as an ideal resource to help support your assignments and studies.
Click on the following links, which will open in a new window.
Article 1: Cheliotis, L. K., (2008). Before the next storm: Some evidence-based reminders about temporary release. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology 53(4) 420-432. DOI: 10.1177/0306624X08316710
- The author suggests that there is room for optimism with regard to recidivism reduction in offenders who are on temporary release. What is the evidence for this opinion?
- Discuss prisoner’s activities while on temporary release.
- What does the author state about post-discharge effectiveness of temporary release?
Article 2: Kaci, J. H. and Tarrant, S. (1988). Attitudes of prosecutors and probation departments toward diversion in domestic violence cases in California. Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice 4(3) 187-200. DOI: 10.1177/104398628800400306
- The agencies charged with implementing a domestic violence program have generally favorable view of its effectiveness, but what reason do the authors give for devaluing this opinion?
- What were the general attitudes of probation departments toward diversion?
- Respondents identified certain factors they felt influenced the outcome of diversion. What are those factors?