About the Book
Involving Parents in their Children's Learning is the story of the pioneering work of the Pen Green Centre for children and families. Showing how early years practitioners can collaborate effectively with parents, the book includes case studies of parents and children who have attended the centre, and charts developments in learning for both children and parents.
The authors show how to:
- support parents as their child's first educator
- provide practical and psychological support to parents
- involve fathers and male carers
- share important child development concepts
- support and extend children's learning
- connect with services that parents may find ‘hard to reach’
This New Edition is updated throughout, revisiting some of the families and practitioners who feature in the previous editions and also includes two brand new chapters on parents as researchers and family drop-in sessions.