Longhi & Nandi: A Practical Guide to Using Panel Data
This book describes the different types of panel datasets commonly used for empirical analysis, and how to use them for cross sectional, panel, and event history analysis. Longhi and Nandi then guide the reader through the data management and estimation process, including the interpretation of the results and the preparation of the final output tables.
Using existing data sets and structured as hands-on exercises, each chapter engages with practical issues associated with using data in research. These include:
- Data cleaning
- Data preparation
- Computation of descriptive statistics
- Using sample weights
- Choosing and implementing the right estimator
- Interpreting results
- Preparing final output tables
Click on the links below to download the appendices for this title.
- Appendix A: Panel Study Examples
- Appendix B: STATA ‘do’ files for chapters
- Appendix C: ‘log’ file examples for chapters