SAGE Journal Articles
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
Thomas, D. R. (2006). A general inductive approach for analyzing qualitative evaluation data. American Journal of Evaluation, 27(2), 237-246.
- What is an inductive approach?
- Why is inductive thinking important in qualitative inquiry?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of inductive inquiry?
- What is evaluation research and what is the particular value of inductive inquiry for evaluation research?
Kearns, K. (July 2014). Working reflexively with ethical complexity in narrative research with disadvantaged young people. Qualitative Social Work, 13(4), 502-521.
- What is meant by “working reflexively”?
- What is the particular importance of reflexivity in this research?
- What is the connection between ethics and reflexivity?
- What is narrative research and why it is used in this study?
Degarrod, L.N. (August 2013). Making the unfamiliar personal: arts-based ethnographies as public-engaged ethnographies. Qualitative Research, 13(4), 402-413.
- How does this inquiry contribute to empathy?
- What is the emergent nature of the inquiry?
- Discuss this research as an approach to bringing about change.
- How does ethnography as a qualitative approach support empathy?
Brandon, P. R. & Fukunaga, L. L. (March 2014). The state of the empirical research literature on stakeholder involvement in program evaluation. American Journal of Evaluation, 35(1), 26-44.
- What does this article say is the particular strength of in-depth qualitative case studies for the focus of the question investigated in this study? (See page 32, item 3, then elaborate what this means in your own words).
- Based on the analysis and framework used in this article, what are the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods studies from the perspective of the authors?
- Why have case studies been so dominant in studying stakeholder involvement in evaluation?
- What is the article’s conclusion about the state of knowledge about stakeholder involvement based in all empirical research reviewed?