SAGE Journal Articles
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- What is appreciative inquiry?
- Why and how does appreciative inquiry rely in qualitative methods?
- How does appreciative inquiry contribute to change?
- Under what conditions is appreciative inquiry a particularly appropriate practical and actionable qualitative application?
- What is empowerment evaluation?
- What are the particular opportunities for musing qualitative methods in empowerment evaluation?
- How has empowerment evaluation changed over time?
- What is the relationship mof the authors to empowerment evaluation and how does this affect the credibility of the conclusions they reach in your opinion?
Tabatabaei-Moghaddam, H., Sano, Y, & Mammen, S. (September 2014). A case study in creating oral health messages for rural low-income families: a comparison to the cultural appropriateness framework. Health Promotion Practice, 15(5), 646-653.
- What qualitative methods were used in this study?
- What is the practical value of the findings?
- Why was qualitative inquiry especially appropriate for this study?
- What are the limitations of the study and its findings?
Krummaker, S. & Vogel, B. (September 2013). An in-depth view of the facets, antecedents, and effects of leaders’ change competency: Lessons from a case study. The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 49(3), 279-307.
- What is the societal importance of this study?
- What qualitative methods were used? From whom was qualitative data collected?
- What is the significance of the lessons presented?
- Discuss lessons learned as a practical and actionable type of qualitative finding.