SAGE Journal Articles
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- What special issues arise in interviewing prisoners?
- What do the authors advocate to increase the quality of qualitative interviews with prisoners?
- Given the findings in this article about prisoners, what other target populations might be important to study using this same method and posing similar questions?
- Discuss the credibility of the findings from your perspective.
- What is photovoice and why was it used in this study?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of photovoice as a qualitative method?
- How are data generated from using photovoice different from data generated from typical qualitative interviewing?
- What special challenges arise in studying sex workers?
- How are telephone focus groups different from face-to-face focus groups?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of telephone focus groups?
- What lessons learned are offered about conducting focus groups?
- In the example, how did the target population for the study affect the choice of method?
- How does Skype interviewing compare and contrast to traditional qualitative interviewing?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of Skype interviewing?
- For what kinds of situations and research questions is Skype interviewing especially appropriate? When would it be clearly inappropriate?
- What special skills and techniques are needed to do a good job of Skype interviewing?