Brief learning objectives have been made available by the author, to assist you with your studies.
This chapter will enable a greater understanding of:
• The dynamics of the Israeli–Palestinian Peace Process.
• The key controversies surrounding specific issues in the Peace Process and the various arguments associated with these views.
• The influence of competing norms, particularly Israeli claims to self-defence and Palestinian claims to self-determination, over the conflict.
• The influence of Israeli and Palestinian narratives, particularly those relating to identity and politics.
• The impacts of the US–Israeli relationship on the conflict as well as its impacts on both Israeli and US domestic politics.