Thompson & Wolstencroft: The Trainee Teacher's Handbook
Here you can find all of the ‘In a Nutshell’ chapter summaries for download.
Click on a chapter title below to download the relevant summary.
Part 1 Learning to Teach
- Why Do You Want to Teach?
- Planning Your Journey Through Teacher Training
- Working with Tutors and Mentors
- Reflecting on Your Practice
- Using Feedback for Your Own Development
- Potential Barriers to Teaching
- The Resilient Teacher
Part 2 Your Teaching Practice
- What Do Teachers DO?
- Planning Great Lessons
- Creating Teaching Resources
- The Inclusive Teacher
- How Do We Learn? How Should We Teach?
- Creating a Positive Classroom
- Effective Classroom Management
- Checking Learners’ Progress
- Pastoral Care
Part 3 Continuing Your Learning