Chapter 10: Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
Answers for all ‘Test Yourself’ questions from the book to check your performance and widen your overall understanding of the contents.
- Independent-samples t-test is used when comparing two independent group means. One-way ANOVA can be used with any number of independent group means.
- H0: μ1 = μ2 = μ3 = μ4 = μ5 = μ6 = μ7
H1: At least two means differ
- Between the group means and the overall mean.
- Between each case and each case’s group’s mean.
- Yes, the results were statistically significant
- For each of the following, find the missing value:
- dfB = 2
- SST =35
- dfW = 10
- MSB = 14