CSR and Leadership by Robert Strand
- United Nations Global Compact LEAD- Leadership Blueprint (www.unglobalcompact.org/HowToParticipate/Lead/blueprint.html).
- Consider how cooperation across traditional boundaries is promoted.
- Novo Nordisk: Stakeholder Engagement (www.novonordisk.com/sustainability/sustainability-approach/stakeholder-engagement.asp).
- Consider how stakeholder engagement is foundational at Novo Nordisk, the company Forbes Magazine (2012) described as “the most sustainable company on earth…”
- The Onion (www.theonion.com) and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (http://www.thedailyshow.com/).
- Consider how corporations are commonly portrayed within this widely popular satirical newspaper The Onion and the television program The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Satire employs the use of humor, irony, or exaggeration to expose and criticize behavior often in the context of topical issues (Day, 2011). As such satirical sources like the The Onion or television programs like The Daily Show with Jon Stewart can be useful means to consider critical voices to spur on further questions.
- The Story of Stuff Project (www.storyofstuff.org).
- RSA Animate - Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us- Dan Pink (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc).
- Consider how the notion of ‘purpose’ is a centrally motivating factor for people and how engaging with CSR issues is closely related to the notion of purpose.