The Role of Nongovernmental Organizations in Corporate Social Responsibility by Maria Joutsenvirta & Arno Kourula
King, B.G. & S.A. Soule (2007). Social Movements as Extra-institutional Entrepreneurs: The Effect of Protests on Stock Price Returns. Administrative Science Quarterly, 52(3), 413-442.
- An analysis of media material on the effect of protests on company stock price.
Kourula, A. & S. Laasonen. (2010). Nongovernmental Organizations in Business and Society, Management, and International Business Research – Review and Implications from 1998 to 2007. Business & Society, 49(1), 35-67.
- A literature review of articles on the NGO-business interface in the fields of management, international business and business and society.
Austin, James E. & Seitanidi, Maria M. 2012. Collaborative Value Creation: A Review of Partnering between Nonprofits and Businesses. Part I. Value Creation Spectrum and Collaboration Stages. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 41(5) 726-758.
Khan, Farzad R., Munir, Kamal A. and Willmott, Hugh (2007) ‘A Dark Side of Institutional Entrepreneurship. Soccer Balls, Child Labour and Postcolonial Impoverishment’, Organization Studies, 28(7): 1055-1077.
- Forest Stewardship Council (www.fsc.org)
- A form private regulation in the area of sustainable forest management developed by an NGO.
- Lifeworth (www.lifeworth.com)
- An example of a CSR consultancy also dealing with cross-sector partnerships.
- Partnership Resource Centre (http://partnershipsresourcecentre.org/)
- An academic center focusing on cross-sector partnerships based at the Rotterdam School of Management.
- WWF (www.wwf.org)
- An environmental NGO that emphasizes partnerships with businesses as an approach to develop sustainability.