At the end of the chapter, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Can I explain how major depression and bipolar disorder are diagnosed?
- Do I understand the key psychological processes that characterise major depression and bipolar disorder?
- Are mood disorders heritable and can I explain their biological basis?
- Can I explain how distorted cognitive processes might play a role in the initial development of mood disorders, and in the maintenance of those disorders?
- Do I understand how mood disorders are treated, and can I relate those treatments back to theoretical models?