Take Home Messages
Developing a question is one thing. You also have to make sure you are able to answer that question you have set. Make sure you consider the following factors when assessing if your project is workable in practice:
- Access: can you access the people, the materials, the places that you need to in order to complete your study?
- Cost: what are the costs associated with your research? Can you afford to complete it?
- Time: can you complete the proposed study in the time you have available before the final dissertation deadline?
- Health and safety: what are the risks involved in conducting your research? How might you mitigate against these? Have you completed your department or school’s health and safety assessment?
- Ethics: what are the ethical implications of the work you are conducting? Can the rights of participants be protected? Have you completed your department or school’s ethics assessment?