Qualitative Data Analysis with ATLAS.ti
Welcome to the companion website for the second edition of Qualitative Data Analysis with ATLAS.ti by Susanne Friese.
This textbook is supported by a companion website offering the following teaching and learning resources:
- Lecture guides: Semester and workshop outlines in German and English
- Exercises: solutions and review questions for the exercises in the questions (introductory and advanced course)
- Presentations and images for the NCT method of analysis: Prezi presentations in German and English
- Presentations for each chapter (PowerPoint or Prezi)
- Sample Datasets: six dataset including a range of topics and media types
- Video Tutorials: thirteen detailed video tutorials.
The Lecturer Resources site is password protected [requires sign in]
This section of the companion website contains resources which are available free of charge to lecturers who adopt the second edition of Qualitative Data Analysis with ATLAS.ti.
- Author Video: watch a video about the “Making-of” of the video tutorials
- Online Readings: Links to full-text journal articles related to issues computer-assisted qualitative data analysis
- Sample Datasets: six datasets including a range of topics and media types.
- Glossary: A glossary is provided online to allow you to check definitions even when you away from your book.
- Chapter Resources: take advantage of the chapter specific resources indicated in your textbook
- Video Tutorials: watch video tutorials on these topics:
- Proposing a new method
- Setting up a project
- Setting up a team project – please use the following link here:Importing survey data
- Technical aspects of coding
- How to build a coding system (not uploaded yet)
- Working with copy bundle files
- Mastering the query tool (not uploaded yet)
- Working with Network Views
- Working with hyperlinks
- On code hierarchies
- How to create a code book
About the Book
Are you struggling to get to grips with qualitative data analysis? Do you need help getting started using ATLAS.ti? Do you find software manuals difficult to relate to?
Written a leading expert on ATLAS.ti, this book will guide you step-by-step through using the software to support your research project. In this updated second edition, you will find clear, practical advice on preparing your data, setting up a new project in ATLAS.ti, developing a coding system, asking questions, finding answers and preparing your results.
The new edition features:
- methodological as well as technical advice
- numerous practical exercises and examples
- screenshots showing you each stage of analysis in version 7 of ATLAS.ti
- increased coverage of transcription
- new sections on analysing video and multimedia data
Susanne Friese teaches qualitative methods at the University of Hanover and at various PhD schools, provides training and consultancy for ATLAS.ti at the intersection between developers and users.
Access resources that are only available to Faculty and Administrative Staff.
Want to explore the book further?