Consider the following questions to check your understanding.
- Is there such a thing as a ‘new female offender’?
- What are the implications of the current trend to ‘search for equivalence’ in women’s and men’s offending?
- Discuss the idea that women’s offending is underpinned by victimization.
- In what ways are women offenders particularly vulnerable?
- To what extent have women offenders been denied their agency?
- Outline and discuss the ways in which the female offender is experiencing greater punitiveness.
- Outline the advantages/disadvantages of gender-responsive programmes for women offenders.
- Can a human rights discourse offer anything to the female offender?