Consider the following questions to check your understanding.
- What does criminology and victimology tell us about men as victims of crime?
- Assess the adequacy of the criminal justice response to the specific needs of male victims of crime.
- Critically explore the reasons why young men are so vulnerable when it comes to becoming the victim of violent crime.
- Assess critically the claim made in this chapter that we ought to recognize the anti-social behaviour of boys as a form of victimization.
- What practical steps can be taken to reduce the victimization of men?