PowerPoint presentations for teaching
A version of the Activity 1.5. Reflexive TA Bingo card in PowerPoint, ready for use in teaching.
These exercises and activities are not connected to a specific dataset but are still drawn from the book:
- Getting started with familiarisation
- An evaluating analytic claims activity
- Theoretical assumptions activity
- Theoretical detection activity
- Critically evaluating the account of TA in published research activity
- Critically evaluating a published ‘reflexive TA’ study
These exercises and activities are based on Ginny and Victoria’s own teaching. Handouts to accompany these exercises have also been provided in the Teaching handouts section below (with the exception of the evaluation activity).
- Semantic or latent code?
- Code or theme?
- Topic summaries or themes?
- Illustrative or analytic treatment of data extracts?
- Critically evaluating descriptions of the reflexive TA process in journal articles
- Reflecting on how the data and analysis have been contextualised and interpreted in published TA reports
- Which theory of language – reflective, intentional or constructionist?
- Evaluating published TA studies
The classroom handouts are self-supporting so that students shouldn’t need access to the book or website to complete them.