About the Book
Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo is designed for students and researchers who work on their own and are looking for support, those who work in teams, instructors incorporating NVivo into their qualitative methods courses, and users transitioning from earlier versions of the software. Drawing on their wealth of expertise, the authors offer detailed, practical advice that relates to students’ own experience and research projects. The chapters in the book walk students’ through the processes involved in undertaking a project with the assistance of NVivo as they prepare, code, link, memo, sort, compare, and query their data.
Packed with real-world examples and case studies, the book supports students through every stage of qualitative data analysis. This third edition:
- Has a new format, including a closing section for each chapter on ‘Takeaways’ that includes key points, tips, challenges, warnings, and practice questions.
- Contains a new chapter on social media.
- Contains fully integrated instructions for using NVivo on both Mac and PC, with screenshots and click-by-click guidance.
- Seamlessly interweaves theory and practice in easy-to-follow steps.
- Empowers students to develop their critical thinking.
This step-by-step book removes students' anxiety about tackling data analysis. Whether for advanced researchers or those approaching the task for the first time, this clear, comprehensive guide is the perfect companion for anyone doing qualitative data analysis with NVivo.