T/R Journal Article Discussion Questions
Use these discussion questions that accompany the readings in the text/reader, for further exploration and understanding of concepts.
- How did the age-of-consent campaign punish girls and deny healthy expressions of sexuality? What effects of this movement remain today?
- How have girls continued to be punished for status offenses, despite the enactment of the JJDP Act of 1974?
- What risk factors for delinquency exist for girls?
- How has the treatment of girls by the juvenile justice system altered society’s understanding of violence among girls?
- What should gender-specific programming look like? What challenges do states face in implementing these programs?