Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Attending to Countertransference
An article from Counseling Today which offers suggestions about how to manage countertransference when it occurs.
- A Guide for Beginning Counselors
A link to an article that can assist new counselors in choosing a supervisor and developing a supervisor/supervisee relationship.
- Questions to Ask Your Potential Supervisor
A comprehensive list of questions for supervisees to explore with potential supervisors.
- Creating the Most Out of Clinical Supervision
A link to a 2004 article that presents strategies for counseling students to succeed in and navigate the process of supervision.
- American Counseling Association (ACA). (2014). 2014 ACA code of ethics.
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Heimsch, K. A. (2013). A development theory for the clinical supervision of counselors encountering suicidal clients [video].
- Heimsch, K. A. (2013). The benefits of supervision for counselor development part 1 [video].
- Heimsch, K. A. (2013). Therapist countertransference and supervision [video].