After completing this chapter, readers will be able to
- understand what crisis means and describe a client’s suicide or homicide situation,
- know all the major warning signs and risk factors of suicide and homicide,
- know which population is at risk for suicide,
- describe the steps and procedures they need to take in a suicide or homicide crisis situation,
- know how to assess a client’s suicide or homicide situation,
- describe the ethical and legal ramifications concerning clients with intention to harm self and others, and
- know what action to take during a crisis.