SAGE Journal Articles
Domjan, M., Blesbois, E., & Williams, J. (1998). The adaptive significance of sexual conditioning: Pavlovian control of sperm release. Psychological Science, 9(5), 411-415.
Pavlovian conditioning protocols were used to condition the release of sperm in male quail.
- What was the CS for the experimental group?
- What was the US for the experimental group?
- In what ways were the control and experimental groups different?
Öhman, A. & Mineka, S. (2003). The malicious serpent: Snakes as a prototypical stimulus for an evolved module of fear. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 10(6), 224-228.
This article summarizes the evolution of a fear of snakes in humans, and discusses the possibility of learning in developing this fear.
- What are the evolutionary mechanisms behind a fear of snakes in humans?
- What is the evolved fear module?
- Is it possible that a fear of snakes is not innate, but a result of conditioning in humans?