SAGE Journal Articles
Baccus, J. R., Baldwin, M.W. & Packer, D.J. (2004). Increasing implicit self-esteem through classical conditioning. Psychological Science, 15(7), 498-502.
This is a research article focusing on the use of a classical conditioning protocol in order to improve self-esteem in university undergraduates.
- In what way did the researchers draw on Pavlovian conditioning?
- How did the authors measure implicit self-esteem?
- What is implicit self-esteem?
Symon, J. B. (2001). Parent education for autism: Issues in providing services at a distance. Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions, 3(3), 160-174.
This article focuses on positive behavioral interventions, to be used by parents of children with autism, to improve the wellbeing of both the child and family unit.
- What behaviors are typically displayed by children with autism?
- What familial behaviors place children with autism, at a higher risk of stress?
- Which behavioral interventions are proposed for use by parents of children with autism?