Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Simple Random Sampling
- An example of Simple Random Sampling or SRS.
- Systematic Sampling
- An example of systematic sampling.
- Stratified Sampling
- An example of stratified sampling.
- Cluster Sampling
- An example of cluster sampling.
- Purposive Sampling
- Richard Garfield, Professor at Columbia University, talks about how to select a purposive sample of communities when doing a humanitarian needs assessment.
- Probability Sampling Methods
- This video describes five common methods of sampling in data collection. Each has a helpful diagrammatic representation.