Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Experimental Research Design
- This video examines the key aspects of experimental research designs.
- Cross-sectional Design
- This mini-tutorial identifies the key features of a cross sectional study. It also identifies the type of data measure calculated and discusses the strengths and weaknesses of this study design.
- Randomized Experiments
- This video is drawn from a TED talk and discusses the ways in which randomized trials can be used to help determine the approaches that are most effective at fighting poverty.
- Correlation vs. Causation
- This video explores the difference between correlation and causation by focusing on the example of the outdated belief that ice cream caused polio.