Check What You’ve Learned
These quizzes are provided for you to help you check what you have learned from the text. Each quiz includes short answer and essay questions.
- What kind of power do the authors talk about that may seem magical to clients but can actually be learned?
- Therapists, witch doctors, and all healers have two things in common that facilitate healing. What are they?
- What is counterproductive about giving advice when things have gone wrong?
- What is counterproductive about giving advice when things are going well?
- People don’t change because they want to, they change because ____________________.
- If you and the client believe that an approach or technique will work, and it does, this is sometimes not due to the treatment, but due to ____________________.
- Change is usually not only influenced by powerful techniques, but also by the _____.
- _____ may be the ability to assimilate a vast amount of information and deduce new information from those data or an ability that is not yet explained by science. Regardless, it is a powerful tool that should be used and appreciated.
- Catharsis is helpful in therapy, but frequently it isn’t enough to facilitate change. Instead, the client must _____.
- In order to communicate understanding to clients, we must have a clear grasp of six primary things. List them.