Check What You’ve Learned
These quizzes are provided for you to help you check what you have learned from the text. Each quiz includes short answer and essay questions.
- A clinical exam used to assess mental functioning that includes assessing appearance, general behavior, mood, flow of thought, orientation, and other areas is called what?
- Don’t start your conversation with the client where? why?
- If possible, you may want to cover the _____ first to help your client be more comfortable by knowing what to expect.
- True/false: You must always cover all the limits of confidentiality with the client before going into what brought the client to therapy, just in case a need to break confidentiality is necessary.
- Name three areas that require special considerations during the first meeting.
- The DSM is based on what kind of model that differs from other models used in therapy?
- One pitfall that will interfere with your ability to really listen to the client is _____.
- You may come up with a brilliant diagnosis for your client during your first session, but if you fail to _____ the client, he or she may not return, and you will have wasted your time.
- True/false: You should attempt to collect all the information necessary from the client in the first session to make an accurate diagnosis and good treatment plan.
- List the two reasons why it is not good to attempt to fix your client’s problem.